Sunday, July 30, 2006

MEAN PARENTS!!

I made this really good dinner (if I do say so myself) tonight. These boys may not agree. I made a one skillet recipe that is bacon, chicken, bell pepper, tomato and green beans (all fresh veggies) cooked with italian dressing. The boys kept coming in while I was cooking and complaining about the veggies. When we sat down to eat, Isaac asked if he could play in the sprinklers after dinner and the other two joined in wanting too.

We, of course, decided to use this to our advantage! We told them that if they eat all their dinner - including the veggies, they could go outside AND have dessert. If they don't eat all their food (meaning they manage to eat all of the chicken and bacon and none of the veggies) they have to go to bed.

Isaac took the best approach by eating all of the vegetables first (which he decided he liked). Caleb ate everything he liked and left the one bell pepper slice he had for last - which was the only veggie he did not want. They both ate everything on their plate though.

For anyone who regularly reads this blog - you know how Bryce is when it cones to eating vegetables! It started out not very good. He was trying to eat it, but did his normal gagging and holding the food in his mouth instead of chewing and swallowing. I kept reminding him of what he wanted and would get if he ate it all. I finally got the idea to get the camera and try to get some video of him trying to eat veggies. As soon as I got the camera on him he was able to eat without gagging!! I will try to get some of the video up tomorrow.

They all ate everything and are outside playing in the sprinkler with Daddy. We are taking him to the airport at 4:30 in the morning so he can go to New York for the week.

No comments: