Thursday, July 13, 2006

So Grown Up

I went yesterday and put school supplies on layaway. Not that it cost that much - but I don't want to be in the back-to-school frenzy and I don't want to try and store it and keep kids out of it for a month!!

So this morning Isaac was telling Caleb that we got school supplies and what he got. Caleb says, "Did you get me a backpack?"

"Yes"

"What does it look like?" he asked disgustingly.

"It is like the daypack you use when we go hiking."

"what color is it?"

"Black and gray."

"oh good, there are no pictures on it!"

"There were not pictures on it last year."

"Yeah, but it was colored camoflauge."

"That is not a picture."

"Well, I want a backpack like the high school kids carry! Picture backpacks are for babies!"

Well, EXCUSE ME! Nothing like your second grader wanting to act like a high schooler. And how does he know what high schoolers use? He is not around them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested