Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Case of the Mysterious and ANNOYING Smoke Detector

I have mentioned in the blog before about our really annoying smoke detector. The smoke detector in the boys hallway likes to beep in the middle of the night.

ALL night.

About every 15-30 seconds.

BEEP!

BEEP!!

We have found that it starts beeping as soon as the thermostat hits 74 degrees. As soon as the house warms above 74 degrees it stops.

I have to adjust my thermostat to my smoke detectors comfort level?

I did some research tonight online about the problem. I really was not expecting to find much, but it is apparently a common problem. There were people saying to change the battery (which there isn't one that we can find, but we can't get the alarm down to actually check anything). There were also people saying to use canned air to clean the housing, because it could be dusty. I don't think dust would cause it to beep at 74 degrees though. The only other thing I found was to get a new detector.

Great, except again, we can't get the alarm off the ceiling.

Is it spring time yet?

No comments: