Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sonogram Photos

A picture worth a thousand words!!
hand at mouth
hand at nose
waving
hands at face
kinda alien like here!

I promised I would post them, and here they are.

I am not taking this anything like I expected I would. Yesterday I was ecstatic (and I still am) when we were told. Last night, I started looking at the pictures and the one that says she is a she, I can't tell what ANYTHING is in that picture. I guess I thought after five pregnancies, I would be able to read any picture. The fact that I CAN'T tell what anything is should make me feel better because I have never had a girl or seen a "girl" sonogram. But, it doesn't. I am very skeptical. I know these people do sonograms ALL the time and know what they are looking at, but come on...me....a girl... Makes me wonder. I spent quite a while last night trying to compare my sonogram picture with other pictures online of "16 week girl sonograms". It didn't make me feel any better (probably because none were EXACTLY like mine).

It also did not help that she did not cooperate. The lady who did the sonogram sounded pretty sure (although she did say we would try to find out FOR SURE next time - she did still put girl on the picture), but I am not! I am going on a roller coaster of feelings. I want to go buy out all the pink and frills I can find, but on the other hand I don't want to "jinx" myself either. I know it won't change anything, but I just feel I am better off being skeptical for at least another 4 weeks. If she still sees a girl next time - I will go straight from the drs offics - shopping!!

So, for the next month, she is she, we are really excited, but I am not quite convinced. Hopefully in a month, she will cooperate and I can be convinced! I do remind myself frequently that all of the boys were proud to show that they were boys. There was NO mistaking. Even WE could tell they were boys before we were told. I take comfort in the fact that she is a little more secretive about what is (or is not) down there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the first pics of our newest family member! She will be beautiful!! Course G/ma is not prejudiced at all. But I love her already. ...Mom

Natalie said...

Looks like a "hamburger" to me. I agree on the hopes up thing but looks like Maggie's. Dont they have a baby views down there? I think a 100 bucks might be worth a monthes worth of agony!