Monday, November 10, 2008

Sonogram

So, needless to say we are ecstatic! I don't know who was more excited, us when the nurse told us or the boys when we told them (ok - I do know - it was US!!)

Shortly after she started the sonogram and before she got past the head, she asked if we wanted to know. I looked at Paul and told him it was up to him. He got a big smile and said he wanted to know. We could not get the baby to move her legs to see anything. I laughed and commented that out of my grandparents 10 grandchildren, they had nine boys and one girl. We were always able to find out the sex of the babies - except with Alyssa. She would never let anyone see until right before my sister had her. So, I said maybe it was a good sign.

A minute later the nurse said "I think you are getting your girl, but she is still making it difficult to get a clear shot."

She kept looking and saying she thought it was a girl, then she wrote "girl" on the sonogram. She said when I came back for my 20 week sonogram (when they take all the measurements, etc of the baby), they will try to verify.

For that reason, we are trying not to get our hopes up TOO much. As hard as it was, I did not stop and shop for anything pink (this weekend might be a different story though :))

Everything looked great, all the measurements they got today put us at 16 weeks, which is where we thought we were at. I go back in four weeks for my 20 week sonogram and hopefully the baby will be more cooperative!

Isaac called this one! He was the one that kept saying from the beginning that Andrew was a boy, when everyone else said I would have a girl. The other day he came and hugged me and rubbed my stomach and said "I think we are having a girl this time." He has some special talant or something!

No comments: