Monday, November 10, 2008

Reading Books

Andrew has really gotten into books lately. Before, when you tried to read to him, or even just look at books, he would close the book on you. Lately, we will read or just look at the pictures and he LOVES to point to all of the animals. I always tell him what he is pointing to.

This morning, he was looking at The Ravenous Beast, which has been a favorite of ALL of the boys. He was pointing to all of the animals and I was saying what they were. He started repeating what I was saying back to me! If it was a hard word, he would shake his head no and say "Dada", but words like "cat", "lion", "cow" he would repeat. He has never said any of those words (cat has always been kiki). Then he tried saying his brothers names back to me - which are still hard to say!

Another cute thing he was doing is when we were reading he would close the book, so I was just flipping the pages and we were looking at pictures. Everytime I turned the page, he would put his ear to the page with words (one page is words, one is pictures). I guess the book was telling him the story.

All of the kids LOVE to read - I am glad he is finally showing interest too!!

No comments: