Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Sweet AJ

Andrew has been giving us raspberries for a while now. He especially LOVES giving them on tummmies. We have been telling him there is a baby in my belly and until recently he would blow raspberries then hit my belly (playfully, open and closed fisted).

He doesn't do that very often anymore. Now he is ALWAYS wanting to lay his head on my belly, but it has to be my bare belly. He will climb in my lap, pull up my shirt, point to my belly and say "ba-by" and then kiss my belly, put his head on it and suck his thumb while lightly patting my belly with his other hand. Of course, he still blows lots of raspberries, but it melts my heart everytime he lays his head down and pats my belly. What is really funny is if I lay his special blankie on my belly for him to lay on, he will throw the blanket on the floor. HE WANTS MY BARE BELLY!!

I know he has NO idea what is to come, but it is still so sweet to hear him say baby and to have him love on the baby! AND, it is much better than him beating the baby!

No comments: