Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Teen Night

Tonight was completely awesome. Our church is having a "revival" and tonight was the last night. It was also teen night. The entire sanctuary was full of teenagers. There were a few people sitting in folding chairs in the back. We don't exactly have a tiny sanctuary either!

I got goosebumps seeing the enthusiasm in these kids while we were singing. It was amazing how into it they got and seeing them raising their hands and singing to Jesus.

The invitation really got me though. They had several adults down at the alter as encouragement - someone for the kids to go to. The number of teens that went to the alter just to pray was amazing. There were teens kneeling in the aisles because the alter was full. How awesome to see God work in these young peoples lives.

It is kinda strange too. I vividly remember being one of those young people. It is strange to be "all grown up" now and to see things through and "adults" eyes. I hope that we can raise our children to be proud to be a christian and to not be afraid to show it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I feel so blessed to know that with all the mistakes I made when you kids were growing up I most have done something good! I love you and am proud of you and your siblings!!