Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Bible Caleb and Caleb

Our church is having a "revival" this week. Tonight the speaker was speaking of Caleb in the Bible. As soon as he said what his topic was I knew it would be a long service with Caleb sitting next to me.

Everytime the speaker said the name Caleb, Caleb began to clap or say "Yay, Caleb!" Everyone around us that knew his name commented on how cute it was, but in my humble opinion it quickly got old. See, when the topic of a sermon is Caleb...chances are you are going to hear the name Caleb a lot!!

Isn't this the boy that told me I could not name our daughter Elizabeth because someone on tv has that name and our little girl would get confused by that? Who is the confused one here?

When the speaker started talking about how when Caleb was 85 years old when he wandered the wilderness because God told him too. Caleb's mouth dropped when he heard that Caleb was 85 (come on - he thinks Daddy and I are REALLY old now).

I finally had to give him some paper and let him draw, hoping that he would not hear the name Caleb quite as much. It did not work. He drew, but he still listened. On top of that he drew a picture of Caleb and Bible Caleb and said that one day he would be Bible Caleb.

I hope one day he is a man of such integrity that Bible Caleb had!!

Hope this post was not too confusing with all of the Caleb's in it!!

No comments: