Monday, October 02, 2006

Baby Names

I am a very sad person!! You will soon realize why.

So, Saturday evening we had Parents Night Out. Paul and I went and had dinner ALONE (WOW!!!). After dinner I asked Paul where we were going and he said I would see. He pulled in to Barnes and Noble. He said that we were going in and looking at baby names and we were not leaving until I agreed that if we have a girl we were not going to name her Ava (no matter how much I love it). So, we get a book and I am naming some really BAD names!!

We are going through ALL of these names and at the same time Paul and I said Mia. Shortly after we saw Mia, we saw Grace. I told Paul that I really liked Ava Grace. I also like Mia Grace (although I love Ava better!).

Here is the sad part. That was Saturday. Last night, I brought up the middle name Grace again and asked Paul if he really liked it. He said yes - then reminded me WE HAVE A CAT NAMED GRACE!!!! How stupid am I that it took me 24 hours to realize I had chose the cats name!!!

So the girl names that we had "agreed" to discuss (I say we are still naming her Ava) were Mia and Chloe. I asked the boys Sunday morning which name the boys liked best: Ava, Mia or Chloe, thinking that since we have been calling the baby Ava, they would go with Ava. Bryce and Isaac both said Chloe. Caleb said Fern. I told him that was not an option and he chose Chloe. It backfired!! And what is worse, Paul heard it all and now keeps reminding me the boys chose Chloe!

So... we still don't have a name that we agree on, although until not too long ago we were agreed on Ava!

At this point we may do Hagaleenamagaleenalukasteenawalkadenahokapokaloka!!!

We looked at boy names a little and Paul wants to name our boy Kent (HMMM could that be Clark Kent AKA Superman??)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could use Sarah Grace. Grace from the church in Canton