Friday, October 20, 2006

Back to Children's!

I have to take Isaac back to the plastic surgery clinic at Children's this afternoon. His bandage is starting to come off. I called the clinic this morning to see what we needed to do because the dr told us not to change the bandage.

She called, and just barely got the drs nurse before they went into surgery. The nurse said that the spot is pretty small and they dermabonded it, so they are not "too" concerned, but to be safe they wanted to change the bandage. They don't get done with surgeries until 2:00. She told me to get there early and she would make sure we were the first ones in a room so I could get back to get Caleb from school.

I don't know what he is doing when he is sleeping but the past two mornings the bandage has come undone a little more than the day before. The good news is that he has not had any pain medication since yesterday morning. He has not complained of pain at all since we left the hospital, but I kept him on pain killers just to be safe. He keeps telling me it doesn't hurt at all. He is such a big boy and handling everything so well!

I won't say he is not milking it at all - he is doing great at that. He thinks everytime we go somewhere he should get to pick out a toy. He thinks he should get to do whatever he wants - even if it means taking something away from his brother!

I must also add that Caleb has done a fairly good job helping Isaac out - without being asked. When he sees Isaac struggling to get in his seat at the table or can't get his seatbelt on in the car - Caleb usually offers to help. I think I made him feel pretty guilty for what he did to Isaac before his surgery!! THAT'S WHAT HE GETS!!!

No comments: