Monday, September 28, 2009

Our Own Lassie

Mady's bedroom door has been squeaky, which was fine until we had to start keeping her door shut (we put an air purifier in her room). Now, I get her to sleep and when I try to leave the squeaky door wakes her up. Bryce and Andrew's door has also been squeaky, but I have really put off oiling theirs, because I can tell when they open their bedroom doors. Unfortunately when Bryce gets up in the middle of the night or early morning to go to the bathroom, he wakes Andrew up and Andrew doesn't want to go to bed.

So this morning I oiled both doors. They are silent now. GREAT for Mady.....Andrew on the other hand....

He instantly realized at naptime that he could open his door without a sound. After he had been down and quiet for a little bit, Mady woke up. I thought I would go lay in bed and nurse her and hopefully get a nap myself.

I laid down for about 10 minutes and Bella (our Australian Shepard) came in from the living room and started putting her front paws up on the bed and hitting me. I told her to lay down and she ran back to the living room and then back to the bed. I thought maybe she needed to go outside, so I got up. I walked into the living room where Andrew was running around and had opened the back door.

I guess he was looking for me, but I never heard him. As soon as I saw Andrew, I went to let the dog out. She was back in her bed. I guess she was just letting me know that Andrew was up and had the outside door open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put bells on theboys bedroom door, up high. Use the alarm system so you know when a door is opened. Reward Bella