Saturday, February 09, 2008

Such an Amazing Little Boy

I have four amazing little boys really, but....

Andrew just blows me away. He has always been such a happy, calm and quiet little boy. These last two weeks have REALLY shown his true colors! It amazes me that has horrible as this poor baby has felt and as many tubes as he has had running in him, he can continue to put on the biggest, cutest most truthful and honest smile ever. When he was at his worst, fever-wise, he would just lay there but he would still look you straight in the eye and give a smile. Now, he is flirting with all the nurses and loving all of the attention and the "you are SO adorable" and "you are so handsome" and "look at those blue eyes" (as he bats them at the nurses). He is eating it ALL up!

He is also being so patient. Not only does he still have a tube in his nose, but he isn't really getting to be mobile - which is hard for any little kid, but especially hard on one that started walking handsfree right before he got sick. He has been sitting in his stroller playing with his toys since 8 this morning.

It really makes it hard to complain that I am having to sit at a hospital. As much as I hate it! When I start getting cabin fever (which I am A LOT lately) I look at this sweet baby who is not feeling well and has tubes from his nose to his small intestines and one in his foot and I see him smiling and sitting patiently - with very few, if any complaints - and it REALLY puts things in perspective! Makes it MUCH easier to be here in our little closet.

I will say this, when I left for a couple of hours Thursday - the sun was literally blinding me! My eyes were REALLY hurting because I am on the side of the room here with no window! I will have to adjust to no longer seeing only flourescent lights!

No comments: