Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How Does This Look?



This is what we need. No, not the furry little boy....the collar for the little boy. Andrew sucked his thumb so hard that he made a blister. Then he continued to suck it until it popped.

He has been unusually fussy the last two days. I just found the blister this evening. I can't put any medicine on it - he will eat it. I can't put a band-aid on it - he will eat it. I can't put gloves or mittens on it - he will pull them off (or eat through them) to get to the thumb to suck it.

I am thinking I could probably just use his boppy pillow as his collar. It would have to be tight enough that he could not pull it off - because he will try ANYTHING to get to his thumb!

He has been running a low fever (it has stayed under 100 so far tonight) since about 5 this afternoon and pulling on his ear. He ALWAYS sucks his thumb (you should have seen me looking for a current picture WITHOUT his hand at his face for the above pic), but when he is not feeling well, he super sucks his thumb. You can hear it LOUD! Always one sign he is not feeling well!

I guess a month of sucking his thumb like that has caught up to him.

Yes, I know I suck at paint which is how I did the above photo. I also realize there are easier ways to do it, but my warn out Mommy brain cannot try and learn any of that right now.

I am off to do some ADD (or ADHD) cleaning now.

No comments: