Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Keeping Up Appearances Moment

If you are a fan of English comedies, than you know the show Keeping Up Appearances, with the Buckets. Everytime Ms. Bucket goes to see her sister a dog jumps out of a broken down car in the sisters front yard. Ms. Bucket falls backwards into the hedges and her husband must always help her out.

I had a Ms. Bucket moment yesterday.

I was at the Revenue office getting my car registered and Paul's jeep ready to trade in. I got out of my car and opened the door to get Andrew out. About that time, I hear a dog barking and sounded like he was ramming the small window of the truck he was in. I did not "fall" into the car, but I certainly jumped and I am sure anyone who saw got a good laugh.

The window was literally moving. I was scared to death that he was going to go through the window. I grabbed AJ as fast as I could and took off.

Unlike Ms. Bucket, though, I did not react the same way everytime I walked by the truck and the dog attacked the window (which was four times)!

No comments: