Friday, February 29, 2008

The BIG little Boy

Andrew decided Thursday morning that he was going to see if he could fly....out of his bed! I went in to get him up (he had not started talking to himself or singing, so I did not know he was up) and had quite a scare. There was Andrew....both feet off the mattress - in the air - and his stomach over the side of the crib.

Luckily, when I opened the door - the feet went back to the mattress instead of his head to the floor! He stood back up and started giggling at me.

So....Thursday we went and got a toddler bed. I had JUST posted (I think Wednesday) that soon he was going to try and climb out of his crib - I didn't think it would be the next morning! We were actually planning on NOT getting a toddler bed for Andrew. Bryce went straight to a twin bed and did great, but he was at least 1 when he was out of the crib and he was bigger than AJ is. I really feel AJ is too small, especially for the twin bed we put in his room.

I put it together (took me twenty minutes from when I opened the box to done - IMPRESSIVE) and just let Andrew explore it. He immediately climbed onto it, stood up and started jumping up and down. I told him no monkeys jumping on beds - he kept jumping. He fell off (actually CRAWLED off) the bed a couple of times, hit his head and climbed right back on it.

Daddy was convinced he would NEVER go to bed last night. I went in to check on him after a while and this is what I found:

He went to bed without a problem!

So we thought all was good...

WRONG....

We heard him crying around 11. Paul went to check on him and he was sitting in a ball next to his bed, crying. He had fallen off the bed and was scared. Not only was he in a new bed, but his crib was still in there and the room was crowded and messy.

He ended up sleeping in our bed all night (basically lack of energy to try to get him to go back to bed in his bed).

Tonight, he again went to bed with no problem. Luckily, he likes to sleep. You give him his bottle and blanket - and he does not even attempt to get up (YET).

I CANNOT believe my TEN MONTH old is in a toddler bed! But, it was that or see how long it takes for him to land on his head. That is what happens when your ten month old is a MONKEY!

I took video when he first saw the bed and explored it - I will try and upload it tomorrow.

No comments: