Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Housecleaning Dilemma

I have noticed, lately, I have a problem with housecleaning. Other than the normal I-don't-have-the-time-or-energy-issues of housekeeping, I have a more severe issue I have noticed.

I have an ADD (or ADHD - whichever) problem when it comes to housekeeping. This is how my housecleaning attempt went this morning.

I started in my bedroom making the bed. I get the clothes off the bed and the comforter pulled back and AJ starts crying. On the way to see what his problem is I pick up a piece of trash from the kitchen floor. I go (with the trash) to see what Andrew's problem is. He has a dirty diaper. I notice some toys on the living room floor so I pick them up and I pick up Andrew (I still have the trash in my hand too) and take him to his room to change his diaper.

I drop the toys in the toy box and change AJ's diaper and throw it in the trash. When I finish and get his pants back on, I put him back on the floor to go back to playing. I start straightening his room up. I took some stuff to the bathroom to put away. I notice that someone had a bloody nose last night - BIG time. Three white washclothes SOAKED with blood. I start cleaning the countertop - which is also covered in toothpaste (the boys have each brushed their teeth about 5 times today!). I am still carrying the trash from the kitchen (why didn't I throw that away when I threw his diaper away?).

I take the red washclothes to the laundry room (no, I did not finish taking care of the bathroom OR Andrew's room). I started a load of laundry in my (broken) washer. I decided that the washclothes were so bad that if I washed them with other laundry it would all be covered in blood (had that happen before), so I went to throw them away. That took me to the kitchen. I loaded the breakfast dishes into the dishwasher. I started to clean the countertops and the phone rang. I went into the office to answer the phone and started cleaning the desk.

I heard Andrew getting in trouble and went to see what he was doing. He was QUICKLY making his way to my room. This, of course, brought me BACK to my half-made bed.

NOT ONE ROOM GOT COMPLETELY CLEAN!

And I wonder why I can't stay caught up on this stuff!!!

Welcome to life with five boys and a crazy schedule!

No comments: