Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THE Green Blanket

Since we got out of the hospital with Andrew, he has grown very attached to the blanket he used while we were in the hospital. It is a very soft, thick sage colored blanket. It is kind of funny because when he started the sucking his thumb with one hand and holding the blanket with the other, he never cared WHAT blanket he was holding. Well, I probably should have used more than one at the hospital - rotated them or something.

Yesterday he cried for 20 minutes after I changed a diaper that hurt his bottom. I could not calm him down. I handed him one of his small blankets (which he used to like to hold while sucking his thumb). He threw it and kept screaming. I got the green blanket to try to put him to sleep. He grabbed the corner to his face, put his thumb in his mouth, and quit crying INSTANTLY!

Today, he is not feeling well. He has been crawling around the house crying. He would find a blanket, start to put it up to his face, scream and throw it and cry some more. His green blanket was on the living room floor. He crawled up to it, put it up to his face and then laid down with it.





I was telling Daddy about it yesterday. Apparently Daddy carried a blanket around until he was SEVEN. Apparently, Daddy carried a GREEN blanket.

It MUST be genetic or something!

Now, I must go buy one (or four or five) replacement blankets. But, since I am sure they must wear evenly to be accepted by his face, I will just rotate them. HOPEFULLY this will work, ESPECIALLY if I have six more years of this! :)

No comments: