Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Wish You Could See Me Now...

I AM DANCING ALL OVER THE HOUSE!!!

I feel as though I live in a different house! It has been SUCH a peaceful day. The BIG test was just given and Bryce passed with FLYING COLORS!! I have said all day, the real test of how hard he was going to work at this would be nap/bedtime. Naptime was a breeze. He ate, went potty, asked for a story and went straight to bed. He went to sleep, got up and got his stickers (his mid-day motivation).

There were a couple of times this afternoon I had to ask him to calm down or quiet down, but I never had to raise my voice at him. I was still dreading bedtime though. That is our absolute worst time of day! It is usually an hour long battle. Tonight, we got home from choir and I went straight in to put Andrew to bed (he fell asleep on the five minute drive home). When I got out of there, I searched the house for Bryce (usually he hears bedtime and runs and hides). I found him, eventually. He was IN HIS BED. He had gone potty, gotten pjs, everything and was in his bed under his blanket. It is 8:15 and ALL of my kids are quiet and in bed.

Seriously, am I at home?

One of his end-of-the-day motivations is that he does not get to sleep with Papa's blanket if he gets in trouble at all during the day. The blanket has been in the living room because I had been using it during the day. Bryce has been coming out in the middle of the night and taking it. I decided to turn it in my favor, and it worked!

Excuse me now - I am going to go sit on the couch eating bonbons. :)

Okay...actually I am going to go do laundry because Caleb has no jeans to wear to school. Such is the life....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you had been able to eat Bon Bon's instead of doing laundry. You and your sister both deserve quiet time and I know you don't get enough of it. Love you!