Monday, January 07, 2008

Back to Reality

I ALMOST got used to Daddy being home again!! He has been on vacation or working here in town since mid-December, but today he wenet BACK to LA :(!! Lucky for us though, he is training someone this week so that he does not have to spend ALL the time there. I think they will start switching off every two weeks after training.

The kids also went back to school today. Isaac was glad, Caleb...well, Caleb has realized school isn't as great as he has always thought it was! In fact, he lectured me recently because I MADE him go to preschool and Bryce isn't going. I told him that where we lived offered preschool through the schools, and I did not have to pay for it. He quickly reminded me that even when we moved up here (which was during his preschool year) he went to a daycare that had a preschool program. I reminded him that I worked at the daycare JUST so that he could go there because he got REALLY mad when we moved and he found out he could not go to preschool. I also pointed out that I literally made NO money (I think I got less than $50 out of my last check) the entire time I worked at the daycare - after I paid tuition for three kids, I was strictly working JUST so HE could go to preschool! One of those many sacrifices a mother will make for her child's happiness and well-being! I asked him why he was so mad all of a sudden that I made him go to preschool because he has always loved school (up to the third grade, anyway). He said he hates it now and wished he had not had to start early. Isn't it a little late to gripe at me for something he LOVED at the time!!

Poor Isaac, though. I had to send a note to school with him explaining his ear situation to his teacher. I asked her to understand if he seems to ignore her, that he still cannot hear very well, especially if he doesn't know that you are talking to him.

His ears were looking better - they had stopped draining - until yesterday. I picked him up from Sunday school and his teacher asked me if he had an ear infection because his ears were draining bad. He said he wasn't feeling well and did not want to go to Children's Church, so we came home. They were draining bad! I spent all day wiping them because they were literally draining onto his clothes! This probably is not a good sign because he is STILL on his medication! I have the feeling that we will be paying off our deductible early again this year - I fear Isaac is getting his third set of tubes shortly!

No comments: