Monday, January 14, 2008

Em's Wedding

Well, I was trying to wait and post this when I had some pictures of the kids, but....

On the 30th, we went to my best friend, Emily's wedding. Between the happy couple of us alone, there were 11 kids - and they were not the only kids! After the wedding and eating, ALL of the kids went and stood under the disco ball on the dance floor and started chanting "disco ball" until it was all turned on.

OH MY GOODNESS!! The kids had a blast (so did the adults)! They took off their shoes and started by running and sliding on their feet across the floor. That led to some of the boys running, diving and sliding on their bellies across the floor. They were all pretty wild.

One really sweet thing happened though. Bryce had his first slow dance with a girl! He was dancing with Emily and one of her step-daughters. I went and took their hands and told them to dance together so that she could dance with her husband. I figured they would run in opposite directions, but they didn't - they danced the whole song together. It was SO CUTE!

Andrew even got into it. I put him on the dance floor under the disco ball and he was jamming to the songs too. When he wasn't dancing to the music he was chasing the lights from the disco ball.

I even got Paul out there to dance a couple of times. That is amazing - he hates dancing! We even got to do one dance WITHOUT Andrew - just the two of us!

By the time we left - the kids were EXHAUSTED (which is always a good thing at the end of a day)! They are STILL talking about the wedding.

When I get some pictures, I will post them.

Oh, by the way - the wedding was beautiful and the kids were awesome. They were all very well behaved for the number of kids that were there and for how long it has been since they have really seen each other.

Congrats to Emily and Cam! My boys would like to know when you will be having another wedding!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you don't have pictures.....neither does the bride. As soon as I get them I will send them to you. Tell the boys that there will be NO MORE weddings for us, but we maybe able to get together and have a party. I am so glad all of you were able to come and enjoy yourselves. You are an amazing friend.....love ya.
Em