Monday, November 27, 2006

Poor Paul!

Last night for dinner Caleb decided he wanted three sandwiches and some chips. I (stupidly) fixed them for him and he ate them and asked for more food (which I smartly said no too). About 11:30 last night, Caleb came in crying saying he threw up all over his bed (and himself).

Paul went and got him in the shower and went to clean the bed. Little did he know....

There was vomit EVERYWHERE!! Anything that was on his bed - covered in chunks!! Down the bed post, on the wall - EVERYWHERE!!

After waking me up and giving me a VERY descriptive idea of what the bed looked like, Paul expected me to get up and clean it. I told him it was not going to happen because she the description was making ME sick. We argued for about 10 minutes about who was cleaning it (with me never even sitting up!).

My arguement won. I told him that in 8 years of having kids and three kids - he has NEVER cleaned up their vomit. Let me tell you - there has been A LOT of it in this house. We aren't just talking about in beds either. All over the house, car, etc. I have been seen cleaning up after everyone. He said he could not do it because the smell was horrible and the chunks disgusting. I reminded him that I am pregnant and have a weaker than normal stomach and just listening to him talk about it was nauseating.

I then informed him that there was NO WAY I was getting out of bed for it and for once he would have to do it. He goes and gets a towel, wraps around his face and sprays with cologne. I REALLY wish I had gotten a picture. I WAS nice enough to inform him that we had rubber gloves he could wear (which I usually did not have!!).

He kept coming in asking what to do with the stuff on the bed. I told him to use his brain, figure it out and not to leave it for me to clean up after today! I then rolled over and went back to bed!

GOOD FOR ME FOR FINALLY MAKING HIM DO SOME DIRTY WORK!! He was a pre-vet major - if he can stick his entire arm up a cows rear - he should be able to clean his childrens vomit.

Of course he says I have never cleaned one that bad, and maybe not - I did not see it. But it still does not make up for 8 YEARS of cleaning up everyones elses nasty messes!!!!

No comments: