Wednesday, November 01, 2006

At Least He Won't Freeze

Bryce outgrew his jacket from last year. I had gotten him one, but he would not where it because it was too bulky. I have not been able to get him in a coat at all this year. So, today we went on a mission to find him a coat. We went to Target, they had NOTHING!! Our next stop was the Old Navy next door. They had two different coats in his size. I went for the puffy, warm looking one. He put it on, after some argueing, and immediately said it was too big (bulky big). He then went and grabbed a dressier coat. It is cute, but does not look like an everyday coat.

I put the coat on him and he asked for a mirror. We walked to a dressing room to find a mirror. He looked at himself from several angles, kissed the mirror and said he liked the coat. He then went and decided he wanted a warm hat and gloves (which we have never been able to get him to wear!!). They had several too choose from. He put one on and headed for the mirror again. I followed and he decided he needed to see the others. I, this time, decided to grab several. He finally chose one and wanted to wear it out.

I am quickly learning that when Bryce won't do something, the secret is to make him think it is all his choice. Just like with the vegetables!! He is just stubborn and wants to make his own choices and I have to allow that (within reason). I am just glad that I am finally figuring this out - it will make life much easier!

I will try to get a picture of him with the coat/hat/mittens he picked out by himself! I am sure this won't be a problem because he LIKES wearing them now that it was HIS choice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it totally amazing how quickly the kids 'train' the parents?