Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Holiday Spirit-itis!

These days I am trying to stay busy - but not busy to the point of being worn out. Just busy to keep my mind off things! I am just itching to decorate for Christmas. I don't know if it is nesting instinct or just excited about decorating!

It started a couple of weeks ago. Last year we got all new stockings and a tree skirt that match. I was kind of upset that I would most likely not be able to find another stocking that matched what I bought last year (for the baby). I was very excited when I walked into Target right after Halloween and they were stocking Christmas. I decided to walk through, just to see what they had. Imagine my surprise when they had the stocking. So, of course, I bought it right then!

I got home and realized that I had also gotten stocking holders last year. The ones I bought are silver and spell out SANTA. I was wanting to find a silver Santa to get for the new stocking, but can't find one anywhere! I finally settled on a silver snowflake.

I know we will not have the baby here this year, but I really wanted to get the stocking while they still had it. I really like the stockings and tree skirt and would like to hang on to it for awhile.

The rest of the year is going to be crazy busy. Usually we decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. I think I will start this weekend with the inside house decorations. Then when we get back into town next week we will do outside and the tree. Unfortunately, the decorations are all in tubs in the attic - which I can't get by myself in my current state! So I will have to wait until Paul gets home Saturday.

No comments: