Monday, November 13, 2006

CAUTION: RANTING TO FOLLOW

I AM SO SICK OF PUSHY SOLICITORS!!

First off, I am on a NO SOLICITING LIST! No one is suppose to be coming to my door selling things. It is done through the city and is suppose to be like the Do Not Call List.

Second, DO NOT come to my door and try to pressure me to buy whatever you are selling by telling me what my neighbors bought - I DON't CARE!!

I had a guy come to my door just now selling some kind of cleaner. He told me it was so much better than Shout on clothes and that it does all of this other stuff and it is non-toxic (even drank some to proof it - NASTY). He asked what stain I have a problem getting out and I told him that Shout has always worked well for me.

He asked what my toughest cleaning problem was. I said stains in the carpet. He said show me your toughest carpet stain. Now, I don't even answer my door for these people without my phone with 911 dialed to where all I have to do is push call, so I am DEFINENTLY NOT inviting you into my house.

I told him I was not interested and he got mad "In me or in the product?" He threw me off guard at first. You are going to get mad at me because I won't invite a man more than twice my size that is a complete stranger into my house that I am alone in with my young son. My response: "Quite frankly I am not interested in you or your product." and I threw his brochure out the door as I slammed it in his face.

I am not sure if this is worse or ties with the reason I put us on the no soliciting list. I had a lady come over selling something (don't remember what!). I told her I had two kids in the bath tub and did not have time to talk. She got mad and told me I was not even old enough to have two kids and that it was too early for them to be in the bath (it was about 6:30pm). About that time, two naked boys came walking into the living room. I said I needed to get them in their pajamas and she said it was too early for them to go to bed - at which point - I SLAMMED THE DOOR IN HER FACE!!

Moral: If you are going to go to peoples doors trying to sell something - be prepared to be turned away, and don't be rude when you are turned away.

No comments: