Monday, January 09, 2006

New Hobby

Paul was invited Sunday to go golfing with our Sunday School teacher. It ended up being to windy to go, but before he was told that, he was out in the front yard practicing his swing. I asked him to show me how to play. When he found out they were not going to go we went to the park so we had more space for me to learn. Caleb took his bike and spent 2 hours riding up and down the walking path, by himself. He has pretty much got it mastered, just needs to work on his stopping. Isaac and Bryce ran around and tried to "play" golf.

It was very interesting though, to learn how to play golf with a child standing between my legs. I probably won't know how to play without Bryce standing underneath me!! I have never been a big golf fan, but now that I know how to swing, I really like it. I will never go pro or anything, and I will probably be laughed at when I play but, I did not want to quit playing yesterday, and I was just practicing swinging and hitting the ball.

Unfortunately, I am learning how to play on mens irons. Paul found some really old clubs that his grandfather gave him. They are not in the best shape, but they worked to show me how to play. Now we are going to have to go get me and him some new clubs so that we can start golfing together. I am very excited about this new hobby!!! Now I just have to find somewhere for the kids to go so that we can actually play!!

No comments: