Monday, January 30, 2006

MY PLANT

I have a plant that came from Paul's dads funeral. I also bought another one to match it last summer. They do great outside during the summer, but it has never done well in the winter, inside or out, because it seems to like direct sun and moisture. Well, I have had them inside, but when the weather is nice I put them on the back patio for some fresh air. This morning I looked out the door and noticed that the one I bought this summer looked really odd. It looked kind of smushed down and a lot of the plant that had fallen off looked like live plant. I was trying to get breakfast fixed and lunches made, so I did not pay much attention to it.

Well, a few minutes ago I walked into the kitchen and noticed that the dog was laying next to the door, but not on the ground. I walked toward the door and realized the dog was curled up ON my plant. My poor plant, that I have worked so hard to keep somewhat alive over the winter, has been smashed! I took some pictures, but I had to take them through the door so that he would not jump off before I got them. This dog is insane! It is like having another child - literally. He plays on the playgrounds with the kids and goes down slides. He loves squeaky balls (that is all he will play with). He is also VERY protective!


No comments: