Sunday, January 31, 2010

Room Change

Mads is in the blue bedroom and my two youngest are in the pink bedroom now!

I had to do some rearranging of bedrooms this weekend in hopes of getting Madys to sleep better.

Mady is not sleeping much at all during the day and doesn't sleep great at night either. The problem is that he brothers will not stay quiet during the day for her to nap. When it is just Andrew home he goes barging in her room while she is sleeping the second my eyes leave him.

Her room is next to Caleb and Isaac's room. When all of the boys are home and going in and out of their bedroom (slamming doors, yelling, rough housing, etc), they wake her up.

Some other issues with her room is that it was at the front of the house and any noise from outside would bother her. Her window is also on the west side of the house and when you need a DARK, QUIET room for sleeping, all of the issues add up to NO SLEEP!

Bryce and Andrew's room was at the other end of the hall. I did not want to put the two boys in her room because it is a lot smaller, but they don't have much furniture and they rarely play in their room, so if it means she sleeps (which in turn means I sleep) than it just might have to be this way for a while.

I spent ALL day yesterday moving endless amounts of toys, clothes, furniture, etc between the two rooms. I had lots of "helpers" until forgotten toys were uncovered and they disappeared until that toy became boring again. By bedtime, rooms were changed, set up and cleaned!

Today, Mady took two good naps. That is pretty amazing considering she is sick! I put a baby gate in the middle of the hall (right past the bathroom door) so that the boys could use the bathroom, but noone could get to her door. Her music was up and the CD was on repeat.

Now, we will see if I can get her back on a good schedule, including the two naps (morning and afternoon) a day that she so desperately needs. Hopefully, this will lead to a her sleeping through the night!

If it works, I will repaint bedrooms. If it doesn't I will spend ANOTHER day putting kids back where they were. I am uncertain as to which I would rather have to do (energy wise)!!

No comments: