Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sweet(?) Baby Kisses

As I have previously mentioned, Madeleine is VERY stingy with her sweet baby kisses. She blesses us with them occasionally, but usually keeps them to herself, no matter how much we make her giggle with our kisses.

This morning while we were playing, she wouldn't quit kissing me. Except the kisses were more like gnaw-moms-mouth-off type of kiss. After a while she stopped. Then, later, she did it again. I quickly realized WHY she was giving me these "kisses."

I have been using Burts Bees lipbalm, as this cold weather is not agreeing with my lips. This stuff works great. It is beeswax, vitamin E and peppermint. SHE was going after the peppermint! When the peppermint smell was gone, the kisses were gone as well. It usually last a long time, but when someone is trying (and doing a pretty good job at it) to eat your lips off the lip balm seems to fade a little quicker!

I guess I just take what kisses I can get while I can get them and try to avoid the biting and the baby tongue in my mouth!

No comments: