Friday, January 29, 2010

I met OPRAH WINFREY and MICHELLE OBAMA today!!!

Actually, today I met so many famous people I could hardly keep up! I met Babe Ruth, Kathleen Blanco, Norman Rockwell, Joan of Arc, Rosa Park, Elvis Presley, Betsy Ross, Michael Jackson, Madam C. J. Walker and Michael Jordan.

I was a day late to meet Martin Luther King Jr., Thurgood Marshall, Barak Obama, Walt Disney, Maya Angelou, Sacagawea, Janet Jackson, Abrahan Lincoln, and Pocahontas.

Most importantly and the one I was most excited about, I met Paul Neal "Red" Adair.

See, today I went to Bryce's school to see him do his first biography (although, I don't remember biographies in first grade). They had to dress up as the person they were doing their biography on. He wanted to dress up as a fireman, so we looked up famous fireman and Red is THE most famous! He even had a John Wayne movie (Hellfighters) made about him!




I thought they were pretty good choices for first graders! They were not allowed to have two people doing the same person. The kids had the chance to ask questions after each biography. After every one, SOMEONE would ask if the person was dead. They are seemed very interested in that (they would even ask if it was answered in the biography).

No comments: