Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cups....Finally!

I gave Madeleine a cup when she was about six months old to see what she would do. She instantly drank out of it. Not just an accidental-she-didnt-know-what-she-was-doing drink, a real drink. Ever since, when I give her a cup she takes a sip, wrinkles her nose and throws it down.

She knows how to drink out of the cup, just refuses, as she does with so many things! Well, yesterday I decided to tackle the cup with her. I was expecting a major battle, and she didn't let me down. Over an hour of her screaming and me offering her a cup. Finally, she was so exhausted from crying that she drank her formula from the cup and fell asleep.

Now, everytime I give it to her she looks at the cup and looks at me like she is deciding whether it is worth the battle. I say "Be a big girl and drink from a big girl cup" and she always smiles and starts drinking from the cup. Don't know why she likes that, but it works.

She had one bottle yesterday and DADDY gave it to her (but it was at bedtime).

1 comment:

L&D said...

Funny, but I get excited when I drink from a big girl cup too! High five for those big girls in cool club.