Friday, January 22, 2010

New Year's Resolution

I have heard about this one word resolution several times now and when I heard about it on the radio this morning, one word came to my mind. So, my New Year resolution (a little late) is:

PEACE

First off, I need to be at peace with God. I need to remember that HE is in control and that He knows what is best and when is best for everything in my life. Until I remember this, ALL the time, I will NEVER be at peace with anything. I need to give everything to Him and let Him teach me how to handle situations.

I want to be at peace with myself and where I am in my life. I sometimes struggle with this. I have been a stay at home mom for more than EIGHT years. Most days, I love my job. I love that the only schedules I have to conform to are my childrens and husbands. I love that I get to see all of my childrens firsts. I love that I get to go to my childrens awards ceremonies, and make goodies for their classes (would love to go on field trips...but siblings are not allowed). I just LOVE being at home taking care of my family.

But, there are those days where I wish I was somewhere else. Somewhere where there are other adults. Somewhere where I can have a break from disciplining and changing diapers and cleaning the same messes EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Several times a day.

My family is exactly what I wanted. I always wanted a big family and I am SOO in love with my husband. I could not ask for anything more. I just need to remember this ALL the time. I have been SO blessed to have a husband that works so hard so I can stay home (which is what I have ALWAYS wanted to do). I just need to be at peace with the fact that THIS is where I am in my life. I also need to remember that it will change so quickly and my kids will be grown and gone, and then I will wish I was back where I am now.

I need to be at peace with my children. They learn what they see and if they see an uptight mom who can never slow down from the daily grind to sit down and play a game with them, or play in the sandbox or whatever, that is what they are going to learn.

I need to teach peace to my children. They need to learn how to get along with each other. If they need time alone, they need to know that is okay and to find a place and be alone. Whatever they need to do to be at peace with themselves and who they are.


I could go on and on, but I think you get my point. This year I strive for peace in every aspect of my life.

No comments: