Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Yet ANOTHER Laundry Disaster!

Last week I was finishing up laundry and had a rather depressing discovery. I was washing light clothes (yes, you know where this is going). I had Mady's Christmas dress and monogrammed "panties" and also the little white outfit she came home from the hospital in. I was going through some stuff last week and came across it and noticed a little stain. I wanted to try to get it out because that is one of the things I would like to keep for her.

Well, as we have learned in this house, light clothes in the dryer usually equals a crayon of some color also in the dryer. The boys had not been going to school so I did not have school pants to check (so I thought) and those are the only light color pants the boys own. I have gotten a LOT better at checking pockets lately!

Apparently when I had made the boys clean their rooms, someone found some school pants and put them in the laundry. I did not notice the ONE pair of pants when I was putting clothes in the washer and there are no signs of crayon until they go in the dryer and MELT. ALL. OVER. EVERYTHING!!

So, I go to change out the laundry. I open the dryer and pull some clothes out and notice the RED SPOTS on the laundry. I frantically dug to find the "special" clothes and see the damage. It wasn't TOO bad on the socks and underwear, so I just hoped.

You know my luck! Those THREE special items of clothes got the worst of it. Bright red. THey were not even spots. They were GLOBS! Each glob was surrounded by greasy stains. I was in tears (I know....goofy thing to be in tears about). I immediately got the Shout (whoever invented this stuff should get the Nobel Peace Prize...it has more than once saved some kids in this house from having to run around NAKED all the time)!!! I sprayed and sprayed. I sprayed over 30 ounces and most of that was on those three pieces of clothing, I let it sit over night (which I don't always do, but I followed the directions EXACTLY this time). I got up and put them in the washer with some Tide Stain Releaser and waited.

After two washes, EVERY bit of the stains came out and I was rejoicing!! Her clothes are now safely tucked away and I am in AWE!!!

No comments: