Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My "Used-to-be" Friend

I used to have this really good friend. We were REALLY close. It did not matter where I went, I had NO problem finding my friend. Until about a year to a year and a half ago.

My friend never visits anymore.

My "used-to-be" friends name is Sleep. It eludes me now. ALL. THE. TIME.

Used to be, I could lay my head down anywhere and be out. ESPECIALLY in the car! Sleep LOVED to visit me and stayed until I could not stand to be around Sleep anymore.

But then it happened. Or should I say SHE happened. Or, should I say Madeleine happened! Madeleine scares Sleep off. Ever since about half way through my pregnancy with her Sleep quit visiting. And, when Sleep DID visit, they were very short and uncomfortable visits.

When I had Mady, I expected Sleep to go away for a while. But, NINE. MONTHS. LATER. and Sleep still makes infrequent visits. I guess Sleep and Mads don't get along.

Actually it is not Mady that Sleep has a problem with. Mady has a better friend named Awake. Awake is Sleeps enemy and I guess Sleep doesn't like that Mads is friends with Awake. I am caught in the middle of Sleep and Awakes bitter fight. Sleep and I had such a great relationship, but Awake and Mads relationship is ruining it! Awake is much stronger than Sleep and ALWAYS wins.

Sleep TRIES to be friends with Mady. Every now and then they get a really good visit. Rarely, Sleep beats Awake and keeps Awake away ALL night! But, those nights are few and far between and I cannot see an end to Awake in sight.

I think Sleeps lack of good, quality visits is beginning to mess with my head!!

I miss you Sleep. PLEASE come back to me and become stronger than Mads friend, Awake. We would ALL appreciate it!!

No comments: