Sunday, January 31, 2010

And the Streak Is Over

March 2008!

That was the last time we had a sick child.

Until now. Now I have TWO sick kids. Mady has been under the weather for going on a week, but she has been running a fever since Friday. Yesterday and today it has gotten bad. She seems okay first thing in the morning, then she takes a nap and wakes up with a fever. Today, when she got up from her nap her temperature was 104.5! With meds I can get it down to around 101-102. When she has fallen asleep and missed meds she wakes up really high again.

Isaac spent most of yesterday afternoon and all of today sleeping. When I checked his temperature the first time it was 103.5. He gets a little bit of energy when the meds kick in, but quickly goes back to lying down.

They both have a cough and Mady has congestion/runny nose. But that is it for symptoms. Isaac's throat hurts when he coughs, but that is the only time.

Needless to say, at 7:00 tomorrow morning I will be calling the drs office to talk to a nurse and see if we need to come in.

Miss Velcro Baby is more like duct tape on a hairy arm when she is sick! I thought she was clingy when she got her teeth (the two she has)....luckily Daddy was home this weekend to help and he did nighttime duty with her!

I will update when I figure out what is going on.

No comments: