Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No AC

I always do all of my running around first thing in the morning, before nap times, lunch, kids get a chance to get in bad moods, etc. I did it as normal this morning. When I got home though, I found that our air conditioner had stopped working. This is one time I wish I had NOT done my running around early!

As I type this I am sitting outside under the fan on our back porch. I am SO thankful we have our patio furniture!! The temperature INSIDE the house is 88 degrees (I think it is 97 outside). We have a window ac from the hurricane last year, but it was in the attic and I could not get it down.

I spent most of the day going in circles with the ac company and home warranty people. When we first called the ac people to have them come out I had forgotten we had gotten a home warranty when we bought the house. Of course, the people we had come out to see what the problem was are not contracted with the warranty company. So, we now know what the problem is, but unless we want to pay $1500 out of pocket instead of $50 we have to get someone else to do the work (and pay the diagnostic fee for the company that already came out).

The piston in the compressor seizes everytime it trys to move. When it seizes it trips the breaker. Basically, they will have to replace the compressor. We have someone coming out in the morning from the warranty company. We have no idea if they will have to order the part (the first company said they had to order it).

I have figured out that Mady did not have acne. I sat here and watched her face break out and her neck has basically stayed broken out. She is getting heat rashes. Little girl (and all the boys) will have to stay in just a diaper tonight!!

Momma is VERY cranky this evening. After dealing with the oh so nice people (that are sitting in the air conditioning not caring that we don't have ac) and being hot and dealing with cranky kids....I think it might have to be an early bedtime for EVERYONE!!

No comments: