Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fire

Well, to top off our great day, our grill caught on fire while Paul was cooking our hamburger patties! The boys came in and told me they thought Daddy's grill was on fire because it was smoking big time. I asked if he was out there and they said he was. I figured it was just smoking from the grease, until I walked by the kitchen window and saw orange flames coming from it.

Paul was standing there the whole time and really thought the house was going to catch on fire. The ironic thing is that Saturday we were at Home Depot getting supplies to organize our storage closet outside. Paul insisted we buy a fire extinguisher. I said I didn't want to spend the $70 on it, but didn't fight too much about it. Guess what was used tonight?! Glad I didn't argue too much, otherwise our house could be burned down right now and no ac would be the least of our concerns!

On that note, Paul got down our small ac window unit. All seven of us are sleeping in our bedroom. That will be nice when the alarm goes off at 5 am and Daddy has to get ready for work! But, at 9:30 pm it is 88 degrees in the house! As Caleb put it "it feels like a bakin' oven in here!"

No comments: