Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Another Life Lesson

Some lessons are harder than others!

Our cat Grace (the boys called her Gray Gray) ran away. The boys are HORRIBLE about closing the door behind themselves and anytime the cat saw the door opened she tried to go out it. She apparently slipped out unnoticed one of the times it was left open and we have not seen her in three days. She is good at hiding out (what animal wouldn't be in a house full of kids), but would normally come out when she heard her food. I realized yesterday morning that I had not seen her since late Sunday night. I think she got out Monday morning. I was in and out getting stuff ready to leave and kids were following and not closing doors.

I am not as broken up about it as I should be! Yes, Mom and Dad...I realize I am the one that used to bring home the stray animals. But I was little then with little responsiblities. I am a big girl now with LOTS of big girl responsibilities, so one less is not so heart-breaking for me.

It is sad that is comes so closely after one of our dogs dying though.

I would like to make it clear that I am not responsible for the death or disappearance of either animal! Just bad luck, I guess! I have attempted to find the cat. We have driven around the neighborhood, we have walked around the neighborhood and I go out off and on all day calling for her. She was an alley cat before we got her and chances are pretty good that she went back to her alley cat ways. With any luck she will return home, but....

HOPEFULLY, this will teach the kids to close the door behind them!

No comments: