Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sneaky Little Boy

As part of Isaac's homework every night he has to do sight words. He gets a new list every week assuming that he is able to tell all the words on the list on Friday (if he doesn't know all the words he gets the same list a second week). I have to initial every night that he did his list.

I am going to be honest here. I am NOT a perfect Mom. I know that is REALLY hard to believe. Sometimes, though, I forget to sign homework and notes. SOMETIMES, I even forget about some of the kids homework I need to help them with (although, technically I make it THEIR responsibility to come to me with homework they need help on). SHHHH - our secret here!

Isaac has gotten bad about not bringing me his list of words, or asking me to initial after he says his words. Instead of getting a check, which would bring his conduct down from and A+ to an A, he just puts my initials on it - whether we did the words or not. I have gotten on to him about this and tried to explain that it is lying (forgery) and cheating. Today when he got home I was looking at his papers. I noticed that my initials were on it and instantly remembered we DID not do words last night. He looked at me and said he did NOT sign my name. I asked how it got there. He said he just put "MB" not my name.

Yes, he can write my initials and make them look like mine because I normally just scribble my initials while also working on something else. I told him I would not sign if he does this. But, that is okay with him because HE will just sign it the next day. I guess I will have to send a note to the teacher and explain what has happened and tell her to only accept my signature with a certain color of ink that he can't get his hands on. This is not something that is acceptable now or ever wil be so this needs to be stopped NOW!!!

No comments: