Saturday, December 13, 2008

GIRL NURSERY and Transitions!!!!!

Yesterday, Paul and I left because of the cold, but didn't really have anywhere to go, so we started shopping for the nursery. As I have said, I have this image of what I want in my head, but can't get it out. It is coming out now! After lots of looking online and in stores and not finding what I want, I have started piecing things together and making stuff (kind nervous about that part).

Part of where I was getting "stuck" in my idea was that I have all natural wood furniture for the nursery. I have always envisioned white or dark wood for a girl nursery. I really don't want to go buy new baby furniture for the last baby though. After talking to my mom and telling her some of MY ideas, she helped me piece some things together (thanks Mom).

We got home and I wasn't planning on doing anything in the nursery yet, because I was going to let Andrew stay in there as long as possible. Andrew made me rethink that. He has had stuff in what will be the nursery and in what will be his and Bryce's room. He has not had any problems with that until yesterday. He went in the nursery and started carrying everything pink or white out. He would then go in his and Bryce's room and start carrying stuff back to the nursery (which WAS his room). I kept telling him that Baby Mia was going to sleep in there and he was going to share a room with Bryce. He would say "NONO" and carry pink out.

With that, we decided that it would NOT be smart to wait until right before Mia got here to move him. We are already expecting some jealousy issues with him when she comes. I am afraid he will see all this change AND Mia coming home and it will make things worse.

Yesterday, I had him help me move his stuff to his new room and do some work in the nursery. That seemed to help, although we are still having some denial issues. :)

I am not going to lie, although I did not want to take Andrew out of the room just yet, I am not at all upset that this means I can start decorating my ONLY girl nursery!

The only thing I will say at this point is that the room will colors will be natural wood, white and pink accents. As I get some of it starting to come together, I will take pictures.

No comments: