Monday, December 22, 2008

Painting

Yes. We. Are. STILL. Painting!

If it seems like it is taking a long time that is because IT IS!

Let me insert here, though, that I did all of the kitchen by myself. I did the boys bathroom by myself. I did most of the living room by myself. Paul helped me with the last couple of walls of the living room yesterday and he helped me with the dining room when we did it.

We ran out of paint for the living room. I have one corner that needs a second coat (where the Christmas tree is) and I need to paint the hall. Then we are done with the main living area.

Yesterday after we got the living room as done as we could, we started Mady's room. We got one coat up over the entire room (nothing in the closet yet though). Daddy helped lots with that room. I think she already has her Daddy wrapped around her finger! The bedding we got for her is white with lots of flowers in different shades of pink and red. We matched the paint to the light pink flowers in the bedding. It, of course, is darker on the wall than it looked. Luckily, we did not have a lot of solid pink in the room for decorating, so hopefully the whites and other colors will kind of dilute the pink.

The boys are getting SO excited. The more pink and girl stuff we get in the house, the more excited they get. I put the crib together Friday night (FYI - I might have a little too much experience putting that thing together. I had a ziploc bag of screws and the crib parts and I had the entire crib put together in about 15 minutes - no instructions, no help!). When the boys got up and saw it Saturday they were really excited. Guess it just makes it all real for them.

So, one coat in Mady's room and the hall and I am done for a bit. I told Paul that I think since the main area is done, I will start doing one room every couple of weeks. I need to have it all done before Mady gets here because it will be a little difficult (and stinky) after she gets here.

Four bedrooms, a utility room, master bathroom and half bath to go!

No comments: