Monday, December 08, 2008

20 Weeks

I had my 20 week sonogram today. I was supposed to also have a drs appt, but the dr had to go deliver a baby. I was given the option of waiting or rescheduling in four weeks. They said everything on the sonogram looked great, so we opted to NOT wait! I have delivered enough babies to know how long that can take and did not want to push my luck with Andrew.

Luckily, the lady quickly checked what she needed to see with a full bladder and let me go to the restroom (which I ended up doing four times in the hour I was there!) Pregnant woman TORTURE I am telling ya!

It was not the same lady that did our sonogram four weeks ago. I told her I was hoping for the same outcome and she asked if I was talking about gender. I said yes, that we had FOUR boys and last time it looked as though we were getting a girl. She said they usually do all the technical stuff and then the fun stuff, but she snuck a peak. Low and behold, the baby obviously was not expecting the sneak attack and she was able to see that we are, for sure, having our baby GIRL!!

She went back to the technical stuff: checking heart chambers, kidneys, aorta, lips and nose, spine, measurements, etc. She looks perfect. We are blessed. So many people don't have healthy babies, even though they do everything right. For us to have, what appears to be, FIVE healthy babies is God!! I know a lot can happen in 20 weeks and even beyond, but I am still counting our blessings!

She was quite active all of last night, throughout the night and all during the sonogram. She was having fun kicking the transducer as soon as the lady would get it where she needed it.

Andrew did his surprise face when we heard the heartbeat and sat perfectly still, like if he moved the sound would stop. I know he does not understand there is a little baby in me, but it is so sweet the way he loves to lay on my BARE belly and pat my belly and kiss it. It seems like the more my belly grows, the more he likes to love on it! He was perfect the whole time we were there. I fixed him some Sprite and did not give it to him until I laid down for the sonogram. The lady doing the sonogram finally asked what was so good because he was sucking on that cup the whole time just about (that was my secret Mama plan!!).

I don't have to spend a day returning baby stuff - YAY!!!! Now....I have this image in my head of what I want her room to look like and I am having SUCH a hard time finding it outside of my head! ARGGGHHHH!

I know lots of people are waiting for this post, so I will put the sonogram pics up in just a little bit. Let me get AJ down for his nap and scan them into the computer.

No comments: