Thursday, September 25, 2008

Praises for Caleb

This morning, before school started, I got an email from Caleb's teacher. It started out with "I just wanted to touch base with you about Caleb."

Nothing good usually comes from a comment like that.

Except this time!! She told me how great it was to have him in her class and how much he offers to the class. And, that we should be very proud of him.

I sent her an email back thanking her. I also took the oppurtunity (I have never met this teacher yet) to ask if she felt that Caleb would benefit from the Gifted and Talented program. I talked to the school about it at the beginning of the year and they said they would test him and place him when they get the results if he passed. She said as much as she hated to say it, because she hated to lose Caleb, she definently thought he would benefit from being in GT. I asked her who I needed to talk to about that. I am kind of frustrated that he has not been tested yet since I asked about this before school started.

Daddy and I have been kind of mixed about him being in GT because here they combine fourth and fifth grade GT students together. I do want him to be tested and then us get to make an informed decision though!

So, after these conversations back and forth, Caleb brought home a note. It said:
Dear Caleb,
Thank you for all you add to my class. I certainly enjoy having you here. Love, Mrs. H

I am SO proud of Caleb!!

No comments: