Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Homeschooling is Sounding VERY Good Today!!!

I finally got to talk to someone with the school bus company. They said that the sub yesterday was from out of town. I told her I did not care where the driver was from, but they are responsible for the driver as long as said driver is driving THEIR bus. Caleb said the driver was saying that if the kids talked or got up she would call the police. The bus super. said that threatening was unacceptable (well, DUH) and that yelling was even MORE unacceptable (again, DUH!!!). She said that she would call the ladies boss and that she would not be driving the bus again. She also gave me HER cell # and said if there were any more problems to call her directly.

If I EVER find out that lady drives Caleb's bus again, the kids will be pulled from the bus, no matter how bad the schools need the kids on the bus. And then I will go to the schools superintendent!

Then, I get a call from the school nurse saying Isaac is running a fever and complaining of a headache and that he is sluggish. She said I needed to pick him up and he could not return to school until he is fever-free for 24 hours. I wake up Andrew (took me an hour and a half to get him to go to sleep) and go get Isaac. He barely felt warm and was acting fine.

When we got home I took his temperature. 98.5. I called the school. Of course, the nurse has left. I ask if I can find out what his temperature was. She came back on and said it was 99.1 but that Isaac's "skin was flush and it was obvious he just did not feel well. He was very sluggish for his teacher."

Seriously? I woke up Andrew after all that to get him to sleep because he had a 99.1 temperature? Isaac is VERY hot-natured. It does not take much for him to get hot, flush and sweaty. He said his head was hurting, but he is acting FINE. I told him he could not play outside tonight and he says "I will be fine tonight." HMMMMM! Amazing how he KNOWS that!

I asked if he seriously had to miss a day of school for a 99.1 temp. The secretary said he could return tomorrow if he never ran a fever and was feeling okay.

Isaac just came out to me from laying in his bed for 10 minutes or so, to tell me that his head feels "great" now and he doesn't need to lay down he needs to play. WOW!!! Miracle fast recovery!

No comments: