Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Bus Drama

Ever since the first week or two that Caleb rode the school he has yet to be dropped off the way he is supposed to be after school. He had a new driver and the guy always passed the house. Then he would have to circle the neighborhood a second time to drop Caleb off. Caleb should be the first in our subdivision to be dropped off, and is always last and has to tell the bus driver that he missed his house.

Today, Mama had her breaking point (so did Caleb). When I saw the bus driving by, I stepped out on the porch to see if they would stop just past the house. The driver stopped about three houses down and opened the doors. I heard yelling, but was not sure where it was coming from. Caleb never got off the bus.

When the bus finally circled back around and Caleb was dropped off, he came in in tears. He said the bus driver yelled at him and told him he was a trouble maker because he did not tellher where his stop was. I asked if she was yelling when she stopped three houses down from the house and he said yes. I listened to the bus driver yelling at Caleb from three houses away!

I was not happy when I found out it was for sure the bus driver yelling. Caleb said he was not allowed to talk on the bus at all and was not allowed to get up. He sits in the back of the bus. How is he supposed to tell her it is her stop. AND, he offered to walk home from the house she stopped at, she would not let him off.

WHY is he supposed to tell the bus drivers everyday which stop is his? Shouldn't they know that by now? They have papers on the bus with all the addresses, why aren't they using that?

I called the bus company when he got home. I am waiting on a call back. I guess I will be calling again at 8 am!!

The one kid we had that was nervous about bullies on the school bus, who knew the bully would be the bus driver?

No comments: