Sunday, September 21, 2008

Maybe NOT So Country Girl

I have always wanted to live in the country. As long as I can remember. Now, that I am kinda in the country, I am rethinking it.

We live in a subdivision, but we are as "in the country" as you can be while still being in a city. We are on the "outskirts" of town. We have a pasture behind us with horses. The couple of neighborhoods right here all have large lots.

We have mice. Luckily they are OUTSIDE (so far). They are in our garage (which is a finished carport that is WIRED for garage doors, but do not have them yet). We have seen them in trashbags that were not in the trashcan, we have seen them running along the wall by the door into the house.

We have snakes. Paul found a garter snake by our trashcan (maybe cause of the mice, but I don't know if garter snakes eat mice).

We have LOTS of bugs and spiders.

I want the country MINUS the mice, snakes and bugs!!! Is that too much to ask for?

Caleb got upset today while we were at the store getting mice traps. He asked if he could keep the first mouse we caught as a pet. I told him no, the mouse would be dead. He did not like that. He said lots of people have mice as pets and that you can buy them. I explained that WE will NEVER own a mouse and that wild mice carry disease. He still wanted them freed, but he was not AS upset.

This girl is not into these things. As far as I am concerned ALL snakes are poisonous, all mice bite and have diseases and bugs....well they are annoying and nasty!!!

So, maybe I am NOT a country girl after all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember how we had NO BUGS, SNAKES, MICE OR EVEN ROACHES in the 100 yr old farmhouse. It's because your brother and the boa in a cage. It works!! AND Caleb would have a pet!! Love, Mom