Monday, September 29, 2008

AJ's Stations

Last Thursday I was trying to get some stuff done around the house. As normal, AJ was making it difficult! I decided to set up some stations for him in our dining room (which has no furniture yet). I thought maybe having toys out where I was at, instead of him having to go to his room would help.

It was GREAT! He stayed in the dining room playing all day Thursday and Friday. I got SO much done. I put up his playhouse, his tunnel and set up all the Little People stuff (with fresh batteries). I also brought his LeapFrog music table and his box that has different activities on top and every side. I pull up the blinds (in the morning when the sun is on the back of the house) and he has a HUGE window in there.

Every now and then he would come running to show me a toy, but for the most part he played quietly in there. I never thought of making "stations" for him already. But it has been amazing. Unfortunately, this does not mean I will not get dining room furniture. He can have the room until then though. After that we will just have to set up stations every morning.

No comments: