Monday, November 12, 2007

No Elephants and Giggles This Morning

That's right - I should not have said anything. I did not wake up to elephants or giggles, I instead woke up to coughing coming over the monitor.

Andrew has a HORRIBLE cough. He is not too bad when he is up, but when he is laying down it is pretty bad. He threw up - like he has never thrown up before - last night. He did not get any of his Prevacid this weekend, and started having foam come out of his mouth. Really, it looked like he had eaten a bar of soap or something. I can only assume it was from the acid in his tummy. He also started getting pretty fussy, like he was in pain!! So, he got some Prevacid (better late than never?)!

At 3:15 (remember our alarm goes off at 3:30 - couldn't hang on that extra 15 minutes) this morning, I finally got up and went and got him. I had listened to him for quite a while coughing, but I was hoping he could wait until the alarm went off so Paul did not have to wake up any earlier than he already had too! I brought him to my bed and propped him up on a pillow. By the time he got the cough gone, and calmed down I could not sleep. I was scared to go to sleep with him on a pillow because he likes to sleep with his face pressed straight into his mattress - a pillow is quite a bit softer than a mattress, thus MUCH easier to suffocate in!!

I called this morning to see if we could get something for the draining mucous and the cough. I am waiting to hear back from the drs office!

I missed waking up to the elephants and giggles (how ironic - the kids are watching Winnie the Pooh and they are singing the Heffalump song as I type this!!).

No comments: