Tuesday, November 13, 2007

EMBARRASSING!!!

We just got back from the MOST EMBARRASSING drs appt EVER!! I took the boys to get their flu shots (Caleb and Isaac). The nurse made the mistake of asking who wanted to go first so the boys fought over who was going LAST! So the nurse asked who was oldest, I said Caleb was - but he was also the biggest baby (he has been crying about this shot since last night). We pulled Isaac to the seat, he hugged Andrew and got the shot (screamed, but got the shot).

When he was done I turned around to get Caleb. He was GONE!! They were doing flu shots in the lobby - right outside the elevator. I REALLY thought he had gotten on the elevator and taken off. I found him, though. He was behind the nurses table and UNDER THE WATER FOUNTAINS. Everytime I went to one side of the table - he crawled to the other side. I was just about to crawl under the table after him (picture me doing this WHILE HOLDING ANDREW!), but the nurse went to the other side of the table from me and we trapped him. We LITERALLY drug him behind the curtain. I had handed off Andrew at this point to Bryce who was sitting on the floor (trying not to let Andrew crawl off in the crowded room). The kids normally sit for a flu shot - but Caleb was fighting so hard and pulling away, I told him to just lay down. Then I laid across his chest and she laid across him. She got the needle to his arm and he tried to kick her in the face - (the nurse calmly explained that she was the one giving the shot so it would not be wise to kick her in the face BEFORE she gives it)so then I got to use the flexibility I no longer have to hold his legs WHILE also laying across his chest and dealing with two kids screaming "ANDREW JUST THREW UP ALL OVER THE PLACE" from the other side of the curtain! Somehow I was able to throw them AJ's towel while NOT letting go of Caleb.

I AM SUPERMOM!! I will let you know when I find my kryptonite!

When it is all said and done - Caleb will be the one to pay for it. He will have ONE SORE ARM tomorrow!! And thanks to MarMar, he will also get to sit down and write a letter of apology to the nurse that gave him the shot! She gave me the idea and said she was the "master of making kids miserable" NO COMMENT!! :)

No comments: