Monday, November 12, 2007

Caleb

Caleb will be SO excited when he gets home! I found this in the backyard this morning:

It is a HUGE mushroom that is growing under our swing. He likes to take things like this and look at them under his microscope. I will let him wear some latex gloves, cut some off and look at it and then throw it out - so no lectures on the danger of playing with wild mushrooms! He LOVES science!

We went this weekend and let him pick out his birthday present. It seems to work better letting them pick out their present. We tell them how much they can have and they can get what they want. We do the same with some of the Christmas presents, but they still get some surprises too. They seem to like doing it this way better!
He picked out some Heelys. Those are the shoes that have a wheel on the heel of the shoe. I am not personally a big fan of them, but he knows he is not allowed to wear them to school, etc. We have had the time and place speech about them already. He has not gotten to try them out - and won't until next weekend when Daddy is here! I know we are mean!

I will make sure I have a camera when he goes to try them out. I have talked to some parents of kids his age that have them and they apparantly have a hard time learning how to use them! At least we got them on sale and they weren't anymore than the shoes he buys!
I have gotten some request for Christmas/birthday list. I will try to get those from the kids and post them on here for those that need it.

No comments: